Re: Visual Studio Professional update

  • From: Alex Midence <alex.midence@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 04:07:28 -0500

Be advised, the Dreamspark site has a ton of javascript on it that
Jaws doesn't pick up well.  I had to use NVDA and Jaws.  I'd use Jaws
for one thing and then turn it off and pop NVDA on for another.  After
you verify, to actually download, you will want to select either web
or download manager.  If web, move down to the unlabeled clickable
object following disabled sign up and verify buttons.  Get your mouse
to click on it with NVDA and you are in business.  Oh, yeah, it must
be done in I.E not Firefox.  Apparently, it doesn't like Firefox,
surprise surprise.  Once you get it downloaded and installed, though
it's smooth sailing till  vs2010 crashes on you.  Then, it's
hairpulling, desk pounding and swearing and all that.  Oh, and when
you run the installation, go out for a beer and come back.  It takes a
while.  Have fun.

Alex M