Visual Studio 2008 and JAWS 9.0

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 11:56:31 -0500 (EST)

Just to report that my initial impressions of script compatibility are
good with the latest versions of VS and JAWS.  With Visual C# 2008 Express
and JAWS 9.0, the scripts seem to install and work as before.  If anyone
notices anything broken that used to work, please report to a relevant
list -- being as specific as possible about steps to reproduce the
problem.

A reminder that the executable installer for the scripts is at
http://www.EmpowermentZone.com/msenv2005.exe
and the zip archive for a manual install is at
http://www.EmpowermentZone.com/msenv2005.zip

Various additional helpful links are at
http://GrabBag.AlacornComputer.com

The script distribution currently contains a .vbs file for convenient
updating via VBScript.  Some antivirus programs, however, suspect the file
as malware and automatically delete it.  Be assured that it is not
malware.  Because of this problem, I will remove the file the next time I
update the distribution.

In the meantime, I encourage folks to use these community resources, make
suggestions for improvement to these lists, and consider implementing
improvements via JAWS scripting, the VS extensibility model (for
commercial VS editions), or other techniques that increase our
productivity as blind programmers.

Cheers,