Visual Studio 2003

  • From: dusty bray <dusty_bray@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ProgrammingBlind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 16:59:40 -0400

Hey everyone,

i know you guys will be able to give me the best advice about this.  (i almost
started on a wild goose chase for JAWS scripts, but thought better of it.)

i just installed Visual Studio 2003 on my brother's computer so that i can
introduce him to VB.NET.  i'm really surprised that JAWS behaves very well for
selecting controls and adding them to the form, but performs very badly
everywhere else.  In the code window, it just keeps reading the path of the
file instead of the text at the cursor.  In the properties window, it reads the
value repeatedly (i guess because it's actually refreshing, though i can't tell
visually).

How do you guys get around this problems?  Does anyone here use this version of
Visual Studio, or should we be using something more accessible?

Thanks so much for the help,

dusty.......

Help yourself to FREE treats served up daily at the Messenger Café. Stop by
today.