Re: Virtualising XP to run on Win 7 with JAWS still working

  • From: Kerneels Roos <kerneels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 00:34:22 +0200

It seems that Virtual Box doesn't support the creation of a virtual machine from a physical machine? Read through most of the manual but couldn't find anything on this. Seems like you can only create a new, clean VM on which you then have to install a new OS from scratch. Going to try VMWare VCenter Converter Stand Alone, which claims to be able to create a virtual machine from a physical one.

On 12/3/2010 12:14 AM, chris hallsworth wrote:
Hi.
JAWS should work with no problems, except that you may need to re-activate because of hardware changes.
Good luck.
Take care.

Chris H
You can contact me in the following ways:
E-mail and Facebook: challsworth2@xxxxxxx
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266

On 02/12/2010 21:54, Kerneels Roos wrote:
Hi there,
I'm about to embark on this; getting my current XP machine to run in a
virtual environment on a Win 7 host. I'm going to try Virtual Box first.
Has anyone had some experience with this, in particular, would JAWS
still be running normally in the virtual environment?
Regards,

Kerneels Roos
Cell: +27 (0)82 309 1998
Skype: cornelis.roos

"If one has the talent it pushes for utterance and torments one; it will out; and
then one is out with it without questioning. And, look you, there is nothing in this
thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and
his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with
it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business."

(To a musically talented boy who asked Mozart how one might learn to compose.)