Re: Vb.net or C#.net Tutorial Project

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 13:47:10 -0400

Here is a URL where you can still get a copy of the Express 2008 modules with
SP1.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=f3fbb04e-92c2-4701-b4ba-92e26e408569&displaylang=en
Watch out, the long url wrapps.
You can go to the page and cursor down to :
Files in This Download
The links in this section correspond to separate files available in this
download.
Download the files most appropriate for you.
File Name:
File Size
vbsetup.exe
2.6 MB
Download
Note, The above is for Visual Basic. I am not sure if it knows whether you are
running a 32 bit machine or a 64

bit machine but I believe it is for a 32 bit machine.
vcsetup.exe
2.6 MB
Download
The Above is for CSharp.
vcssetup.exe
2.6 MB
Download
The Above is for CPlusPlus I think.
vwdsetup.exe
2.6 MB
Download
The Above is for VWD, Visual Web Developer which is a good thing to have.
Top of page
What I do is just download the installer to a download file. Then I left click
it and walk through the installation process so I don't have to go back to the
Webpage if I have to cancel it for any reason. Also, note that while the
installation is running it will tell you that the Download is done and you can
now disconnect from the internet. Do not be fooled. It will need to run for
several minutes after that, perhaps 10 or more minutes, until it is actually
done. so just watch it and You will get a message after 10 to 15 minutes, or
perhaps less, telling you it is successfully installed. Then you can look for
it in your Start Menu as I will mention in my first article on setting up the
IDE for Accessibility. If you use JAWS you need to get the Scripts from
Enthanes or Jamals website and install them after you have Vb.net installed.
Then watch for the First Tutorial on the WinformBasics Project likely coming
out tomorrow.
It is getting hard to find good downloads for the 2008 Express modules since
everything is now entering the 2010
Express mode but I think these modules are still good since it is where I just
picked up CSharp yesterday.
Rick USA