Re: Vb.net or C#.net Tutorial Project

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 18:23:22 -0400

Hi Brent: Ok, so let me see if I understand. You know a WebSite where you can
download mp3 files from. Then do you play them in something like Media Player
or Real Player? There are some tools in vb.net or c# or VWD, I think it is in
the Framework so likely in all 3, that will do exactly that. I download
Websites and parse information or use csv files but have not downloaded a mp3
file. I think there is a standard command or a set of commands, that download
files and save them in folders if that is what you are trying to do.As you
mentioned all you do is hard code the leading url that is the same then change
that part of it that indicates which file you want based on time I think it
was. You make it a string and call the method to download that file into a
folder and that should be about all there is to it. You can pop up a MessageBox
when done but it really shouldn't take very long if you are using a high speed
internet connection. Also, as you mentioned, you could put what you want into
an array or just iterate through some inputs and download several at one time.
That way you might be able to download say the Morning, AfternNoon and Evening
news or whatever and then play them at your convenience. Too advanced for what
I have in mind but send me a message off list and I will help you get it
working. I will have to do a little reading on downloading audio files to see
if there are any complications. Send me a message at:
ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx
and we can get started. I forget, did you want to work in Vb.net or C#?
I prefer vb.net since I am way more familiar with that language and have
examples in Vb.net of doing similar things.
Rick USA

a blo