VB.NET separate lines?

  • From: "Buddy W." <wurmlord@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 17:37:13 -0500

Hello,

I am just starting my studies in VB.NET and have a question. I want to display four different lines in my message label. For example, lets say that when you click a button four lines of lyrics to a song are displayed. How do I get each line to appear as it's own line. Right now I have added a bunch of spaces to force each separate line to occur.

This example of my code might help you understand what I am talking about:

Private Sub metallicaButton_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles metallicaButton.Click messageLabel.Text = "Now that the war is through with me Im waking up I can not see That there is not much left of me Nothing is real but pain now."

I want it appear like this:

Now that the world is through with me.
I'm waking up, I can not see,
That there is not much left of me.
Nothing is real but pain now.

Is there a control to create a line break and use autosizing for the label, or an easier way than just adding all those spaces? My code looks like a mess. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Buddy
"Self is the only prison that can ever bind the soul." -- Henry Van Dyke