Using Microsoft Compilers to compile Java native libraries

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 06:47:28 -0600

For the BrailleBlaster project we need to compile the liblouis and
liblouisutdml libraries for various platforms. In looking at the source
code for the Windows native libraries used by SWT I see that they use cl
nmake rc and I think link at the command line. There is also a .bat file
that can produce either 32 or 64 bit code. Unfortunately, there is no
inndiccation of which version of the compiler they used. I've been
trying to find the 2010 version of Visual Studio with the command line
without success. Of course an earlier version will work if it is capable
of both architectures and can supply the jni.h header. Does anyone have
a direct URL to download it?

I don't think you need a Windows Live ID, regardless of what the
Microsoft page says. That page is an example of a website with awful
usability. This is a separate issue from accessibility. I wonder how
they can get away with it.

Thanks,
John

Abilitiessoft, Inc.