Re: UnInstalling Sql Server Warning

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 13:18:07 -0400

Well, in the future you are better off to make a Restore Point prior to
downloading anything. Then if it goes bad you can roll it back and that usually
works pretty well if you have not changed or removed any of the files or
folders related to the installed product or messed with the Registry.
Eventually you will want to have either Sql Server Express or the Compact
Edition to use as a Database for your projects unless you use the MsAccess
Database. Your system will likely be fine even iif the UnInstall went badly. It
will only show a problem when you try and ReInstall Sql Express so don't panic.
And, in most cases you can clean things up. In my case I did something where I
could never get rid of the Default instance even though I Uninstalled
everything I thought. I had to ReInstall the OS to get a clean computer and
there after have been very careful about installing and UnInstalling that puppy.
Rick USA.