Re: Two Computers, now LAN?

  • From: "tribble" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 20:24:48 -0500

Ah, yes -- you are talking about the local network -- you can have a lot of
computers set up there -- in my last mail I was thinking of addresses
reachable from outside.
It isn't that hard to set up a linksys network.
The defaults are pretty useful -- you can set up static addresses for some
machines or just use dynamic hosting to allocate a new address for each
machine that links to the network.
The internal IP address for a linksys router is 192.168.1.1
and dynamic addresses start at 192.168.1.100 and run up from there to some
max.
If there are other linksys wireless nets in your area, to avoid conflict,
you can pick a different address for your router.
Cheers.
--le