RE: Trying to work in eclipse using a version of python

  • From: "Homme, James" <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 13:34:16 -0400

Hi,
No. He didn't do that. I kno he didn't. Because he knows that the NVDA people
use it and they are blind. Where's my candy?

   From: "Homme, James" <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
   Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 11:00:32 -0400
     To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>Hi Jacob,
>I'd say maybe these things. First, automatic code formatting. Second, it will
>keep your project files all together for you. Then,
it has CVS, for working in teams. Other than that, I'd say it's not all that
useful, or at least to me it's not. The only reason I
started messing with it in Java is because I was anticipating that I was going
to be told to learn Java, and because the development
environment here is based on it. Other than that, give me EdSharp. If I don't
like how it works, I can write code snippets for
myself. Plus, I really like the indentation features and the little JAWS stuff
I tweaked it with. Didn't mean to sound like I was
blowing my horn there. Sorry.

>Jim

parent folder of your project, etc?

>Sorry, but I will have to find out from the other developers this side why
>they need/want to use eclipse at all if you understand
what I mean, since for basic python work, edSharp is more than good enough,
using it along with command line calls to test/try run
things, and for windows executables, I have put together py2exe if I want to
generate stand alone executables for the current stuff
I have gotten around to trying out in python - all command line thus far.

>Anyway, I mean, thanks for your efforts, but am not really finding any reasons
>why using eclipse for python development work makes
much sense at all thus far..?

>Stay well
>
>Jacob Kruger
>Blind Biker
>Skype: BlindZA
>'...fate had broken his body, but not his spirit...'

Professional, SP2. I forget, what were the specific issues? And if it will help
you, I can see if I can extract the PyDev
documentation, assuming I get it installed correctly. Maybe I'd better go and
get Python first. This may take a little longer than I
thought. I'll do it if you like, still, though.

>>Jim

since something to do with licensing of certain plugins or something, but will
just double check on that one with the guys this side
as well, but it's taken them a bit of time to get to downloading even this
version, with it's specific add ons, etc., so let's see.

>>>Stay well
>>>
>>>Jacob Kruger
>>>Blind Biker
>>>Skype: BlindZA
>>>'...fate had broken his body, but not his spirit...'

sure I was using the default settings. I don't have PyDev installed right now.
Are you able to get 3.6? I forget most of what I
learned about Python, so I expect to be very little help there. If you get 3.6,
you can go into the Help menu and install stuff. I
was thinking of trying out the Web Tools Plug-in, since I'm going to be doing a
lot of HTML work soon.

how the interface/IDE is meant to then have any real relevance to python
development - let me choose items to add from a list of
python relevant things, like class, etc., but still.

version of it, is just pretty much minimal actual text, and a bunch of scanned
images, so it hasn't meant too much to me
either...<smile>

compiling/wrapping the python code into then relevant executable versions or
something, but not too sure on that either.

python itself makes enough sense to me, but eclipse seems really pretty much
useless/pointless, aside from the fact that I might
need to use it for a specific type of work that has had a bunch of plugins
installed into eclipse.

but don't seem to find anything of any real interest here...?

diagrams, etc., so it's obviously targeting sighted guys:

figure out if can in fact implement these specific plugins without using
eclipse - don't see why it shouldn't be possible since
think the actual eclipse IDE plugins are more related to automatic code
generation/wizards, etc., but will have to double check on
that one.

material along with scripts, are there any other types of material related to
getting used to the jumbled up interface that eclipse
seems to make use of..?

are addressed.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender immediately and then delete it.  If you are not
the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or distribute
this e-mail without the author's prior permission.  The
views expressed in this e-mail message do not necessarily represent the views
of Highmark Inc., its subsidiaries, or affiliates.