RE: Toad

Hi

Is Oracle's own SQL Developer not supposed to do something similar to Toad.
Unfortunately I can't get it to work with Jaws either.  Has anyone else had
any luck.  It does look a bit Java based for my liking but apart from the
names of the various boxes I can't get it to say anything.  Perhaps we
should put some pressure on Oracle to see if they will make it more
accessible.

Thoughts?

Gordon Luke
Capita IT (CAIM)

  RE: Toad

   Homme, James
                  to:
                    programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                             08/04/09 12:34

   Sent by:
          programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Please respond to programmingblind

Hi,
Way back on JAWS 3 or so, I used SQL Navigator. I wrote scripts for it back
then that made it somewhat friendlier than it was out of the box, but it
was still pretty good even without scripts. I have no idea how it is now.

Thanks.

Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 09:34:26 -0400
From: "Good, John" <John.Good@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To my knowledge it doesn't work.  Oracle SQL Developer is only somewhat
accessable with some work.  SQL Plus seems to be the way most blind
Oracle programmers and or dba seem to use as their main tool.
      John