Re: The top three big problems

  • From: "John Greer" <jpgreer17@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 16:58:15 -0500

Ah but for the ones that do, why not point them in the right direction. The ones that do care, and do try to make their software accessible, instead of giving a list of what should be done, let them try it for themselves. Don't know maybe I am wrong but if a sighted person is interested in making an accessible bit of software they should do everything they can. It is only meant as a bit of advice to the person interested in making that code editor. The screen reader users you will encounter for that particular project will of course be a bit more experienced with the computer than your average user, but it may be a good practice for future projects to understand how to operate the computer using a screen reader. Yeah it is not easy, yeah it is annoying and hard to understand and sit and listen to the computer talk but I feel it is essential in understanding how a blind person interacts with the computer. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>