Re: The top three big problems

  • From: "Marlon Brandão de Sousa" <splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 09:51:32 -0300

Na ...
Man go to the way we've already pointed. Make all options grouped in
menus, so one can go and choose what they want. The menus should
anounce also the hot keys, and the more used menu options will have
its hot keys memorized easily. It would be so painfull to hear 53
hotkeys before the desired one when pressing, say, ctrl. It is more
confortable to hit the alt key, select the menu group in which the
wanted feature is likely to be present, and aftetr use first letter
navegation or even the arrows to choose what is needed. You would do
it the first time, the second time, ..., and everytime you activate a
menu item you hear its corresponding keystroke, so after sometime you
would learn the hot key and start to use it instead of going to the
menus.
As for redefinable keystrokes download textpad and take a look at the
aproach used there. In fact textpad, along with Jamal's edsharp, have
most part pof this well developped.
Marlon
2007/10/14, Andreas Stefik <stefika@xxxxxxxxx>:
> So it sounds like from this further discussion on hotkeys that there

free."
Linus Torvalds