Re: The top three big problems

Well, Andy, the problems differ between debugger & compiler.  In a
compiler, obviously, the major problem is detecting what's being
flagged as an error condition & locating that information easily--the
latter being the operative word.

In the debugger, you're really watching 2 things: a) what line you're
on in the code; & b) contents of variables.  So knowing clearly what
line of code you're on as well as the contents of the variables you're
watching at each line of code execution is critical.

All of these can take considerable time if the compiler isn't
configured to work w/the screenreader & sometimes even if it is.

I don't know if that helps u any, but...

On 10/13/07, Andreas Stefik <stefika@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey folks, I'm working nowadays on writing tools that tightly
> integrate speech based audio into all sorts of areas in the compiler.
> Being a sighted user, however, I'm pretty naive about what the real
> needs and problems the blind programmer community has when interacting
> with programming environments. If you folks had to choose the top 3
> most vexing problems you have, in your own personal experience, when
> programming, what would they be? What about when you are trying to
> find bugs, what are the three biggest issues then?
>
> Andy

Jackie McBride
Please sign the Yahoo Accessibility petition at:
<http://www.petitiononline.com/yabvipma/petition.html>
& Check out my homepage at:
www.abletec.serverheaven.net