Re: The Jaws Volume is Driving me Crazy

  • From: "Matthew2007" <matthew2007@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 12:12:54 -0700

David,

I read your message and my heart started pumping as I felt you might have found the magical solution to my problem. I gave it a try but it didn't work at all. To be exact, I'm running jfw 8.0. I attached the hot key of control shift F11 to this script. I compiled just fine, but when I tried my new keyboard command nothing happened. That is, the jaws voice stayed the same regardless of the number of times I pressed the hotkey. I did read the documentation on this script and found that there was a reference to "say all," so naturally I tried the say all command with a large Word file, and I still didn't get any change in the volume. I will say that I was given the jaws message "volume increase" and "volume decrease" whenever I hit my hotkey, so I think there might be some possibilities.

Any other suggestions, anyone, anyone?

I was given the following message after launching the default.jss file, then using control D to search for decreaseVolume:

Script Not Found
DecreaseVoiceVolumeSayAll is located in the documentation file (jsd) but not in the script file (jss). Do you want to remove it from the documentation file?
Yes No

Matthew
---- Original Message ----- From: "David Engebretson" <davide@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>