Text Editors

  • From: James Scholes <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 13:37:58 +0100

Hi all,

For development purposes, I am looking for a text editor that will recognise ASCII line breaks, and save in UTF-8 format. A framework I am developing for requires me to save files using UTF-8 encoding. I tried EdSharp, and while I love its huge amount of features, it takes rather a long time to load, and when I'm opening file after file to edit code, EdSharp slows me down. Thanks in advance.
--

James Scholes

Contact Info:
E-Mail: james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
MSN/Windows Live Messenger: jamesscholes@xxxxxxx <msnim:add?contact=jamesscholes@xxxxxxx>
Skype: james.scholes <skype:james.scholes?add>
AOL Instant Messenger: jamesscholes000 <aim:addbuddy?screenname=jamesscholes000>
Jabber: jamesscholes@xxxxxxxxxx
TeamTalk Server: JamesScholes.com with default ports (10300, 10301) <tt://jamesscholes.com>

Social Networks:
Facebook: Profile 1375965156 <http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1375965156&ref=profile>
Twitter: JamesScholes <http://twitter.com/JamesScholes>
Last.fm profile: jamesscholes000 <http://www.last.fm/user/jamesscholes000>