Re: Team Excellence Award Winner

That might be all you can do, but Jeff ain't you and neither is anyone else on this list. i have taken web designing courses, and was able to do everything that was needed to pass the course. The only problem I see on web pages is color. For those that have had sight will understand the different relations more than a total from birth with no color perception. A blind person being recognized for work well done is better than degrading and moving a step backward for the blind.

At 04:24 PM 11/28/2007, you wrote:
Ok, I hope I won't forget to ask tomorrow my colleagues what do they think about the design of these web pages.

By the way, in the first one I've seen just a single image, possible a picture, and in the second one 2 images

I've also seen colors like midnight blue on light steel blue 2 (a link to an email address). Does that link look OK? Is there a good enough contrast between 2 nuances of blue?

How do you know that a nuance of blue over another nuance of blue makes the text visible? Have you asked for some sighted help? Or maybe that text really doesn't look ok?

And by the way, why light steel blue? I think that it might be a light nuance of blue, but can a blind person remember or imagine hundread or thousands of colors just by their names like this one?

And in one of the pages I've seen a table with the attribute of width="900" . How does that page look on a display that has a resolution of 800x600 pixels? I think that the web designer should know this. or to imagine and fix it if he doesn't like the answer.

And I haven't searched too much on those pages, but I think I might found more things that could be a problem.

But a good design doesn't imply creating a web page that is just accessible and usable. The pages should be really nice-looking with elements more advanced than just making some images swap with other images when hovering the mouse, using a Javascript copied from somewhere for doing this.

Your pages are ok from a blind perspective. They use CSS, pretty clean coding and they seem to follow the standards (even though I haven't checked them with the W3C validator). They look just like my pages, but this is not enough at all.

I also made some nice tables that look like windows, with a solid border around them only, and a thin border only behind the table header row and other nice things like those, but they are pretty cheap-nice-looking things, because this is all we can do.

Octavian
----- Original Message -----
From: <mailto:lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Darragh Ó Héiligh
To: <mailto:programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 10:22 PM
Subject: Re: Team Excellence Award Winner

Quote:
> Please tell us where can we see the web page made by that blind guy, and
> will tell you if a blind person can do it without sighted help.
> I've seen many messages on this list telling how cool web pages can a
> blind
>
> do, with with no single example.
>
> Octavian

take a look at:
<http://www.nickykealy.com>www.nickykealy.com
www.kenoheiligh.ie

also look at a cached version of <http://nvm.ie>nvm.ie and <http://digitaldarragh.com>digitaldarragh.com my own website is down at the moment as I'm restructuring it and the online version was getting in the way.

I'm by no means a designer on par with a sighted person but it can definitly be done. it just takes a bit more determination.

Tim
trouble
--Sam Brown

Blindeudora list owner.