Re: Syntax errors will be the death of me!

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 22:50:08 -0400

Oh, I did not see that one. Cpp, again, is definitely not my primary
language; in fact, I only know a few phrases in it.
All Joseph did here was replace the switch with a set of conditional
statements. Functionally, they do the same thing, but, of course, they
are syntactically different. If you know switches, I assume you
already know conditionals (if else) statements.
A third, more advanced way would be to store the possible responses in
an array, then just try something like
cout << responses[code] << endl;

That would also require the cpp version of a try/catch (a way to catch
an error, so you could make sure that you are not requesting a code
outside of the array bounds). This is all unimportant, just something
to ponder, and recognize later as you continue learning programming.

--
Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from GMail website)