Stumped: JAWS GetObject function for current browser window?

  • From: "Bryan Garaventa" <bryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ProgrammingBlind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 11:03:35 -0700

Are there any JAWS scripters or Windows API programmers out there that can help
me figure this problem out?

I need to create an object that reflects the current browser instance within a
script, but am having trouble figuring out how to do this. For instance...

var object BrowserInstance
let BrowserInstance = GetObject("NoIdeaWhatToPutHere...")

Specifically, I need to retrieve the currently running instance of Internet
Explorer7, as it appears when currently running.

The object type that I need to return is the Internet Explorer IDispatch object
for the running application, which I asume would be properly named within the
Windows Running Object Table.

If I could get the name for the instance of IE7 as listed in the Windows
Running Object Table, presumably I could use the GetObject function
successfully to retrieve this object.

Do you have any ideas how I might be able to do this? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks, and best wishes,

Bryan Garaventa