Re: Status of Linux starter kit

  • From: "Marlon Brandão de Sousa" <splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 14:07:25 -0300

Hello,
I am the guy who is taking care of all this. I had some problems
because I realised that the networking model would be a big trouble
for people who aren't behind a router, so I had to spend some time
figuring out how to achieve this.
I am still testing, and planning to contact Sina asking for a password
to upload the files shortly.
In the meantime, only a version of slackware fully functional, but
without any graphical stuf, to be used as a native developement of
daemons and server side programming will be available. The
speakupmodified thing will still take sometime to be completed. The
vmware scripts are ready, at least version 1.0. I will write
documentation for them, but I don't think I'll have time to learn how
to use the jsx installer. If you could pack the files for me I would
be gratefull.
Thanks
Marlon

2007/10/15, Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I recall message threads about a VMWare tutorial, JAWS scripts, and a
> Linux bundle that helps one try Linux GUI access with Orca on a Windows
> machine.  The various components involved do seem complex, so a starter
> kit for Linux newbies would definately be helpful.  What is the status of
> these efforts?  Is anything ready for download by someone not experienced
> with these technologies (though generally comfortable with Windows)?
>
> Jamal

free."
Linus Torvalds