Re: Sonified Debugger vs. Screenreader Question

Donal,

Thanks for this fantastic email! I would love to get a copy of any of
the work you've mentioned if you happen to have electronic copies. I
know the work of Stevens and Raman "relatively well" but I'm
definitely no guru on the details of using prosodic cues to benefit
comprehension of mathematics. We've considered adding prosodic cues
into our debugger, but as you might imagine, there are lots of
possible design decisions to explore. Right now we're focusing on how
to measure comprehension of the auditory cues (empirically), and the
effect that can have on a myriad of computer programming related
issues, right now mostly debugging issues.

Anyway, if you have any work you would like to share, I'd love to read
it. Please feel free to send it to my normal email box, and thanks for
the great response!

Andreas