Re: Sonified Debugger vs. Screenreader Question

  • From: "Andreas Stefik" <stefika@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 14:08:54 -0800

Ok,

I've downloaded the scripts and the installer. For whatever reason,
the installer isn't working on Vista, so it looks like I have to
install them manually. I've got a bunch of files, like msaa.jsh,
jsx.ini, msenv2005.jcf, etc. Hopefully those are the right files.

The instructions, from Wil I think, say:

1. Delete msenv.* from the JAWS settings folder for the particular
version of JAWS that you are using.

I've done a search, on Vista, but I can't seem to find any file with
the name msenv (with any extension), with the exception of the one I
obviously downloaded. I've dug through the vista equivalent of the
folder mentioned in the document, which would be something like
C:\Users\<MyName>\AppData  "I think," but I'm not sure.

So, then I've looked at the Freedom scientific folder in program
files. There are 4 folders, Jaws, Runtime Jaws, Shared, and Training.
If I look at the Runtime Jaws folder, there is a Settings\Enu folder,
which looks "similar" to the one mentioned in the instructions. Is
that folder where I dump the scripts? Then I do the configuration
steps?

Andreas