Re: Sonified Debugger vs. Screenreader Question

  • From: "Will Pearson" <will@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 18:43:36 -0000

Hi Andy,

You wrote:
"the previous experiments use some pretty new theoretical techniques which are somewhat difficult to classify, and are based on trying to measure a human's comprehension of audio, which is somewhat tricky."

Did you develop these techniques or someone else? A large part of my research career thus far has been centered around communication, conceptual knowledge, and how people identify objects or other sensory stimuli. So, I'd be interested to read a paper or two on these new techniques. They sound interesting.

You wrote:
"I can email you one of the latest papers if you want, or if you have IEEE access, it was presented at ICPC 2007 this year."

The department has a subscription to IEEE Xplore, and so I should be able to get it through that. If I can't get it then I'll send you a mail.

Thanks.

Will __________ View the list's information and change your settings at //www.freelists.org/list/programmingblind