RE: Silver light and WPF

  • From: "Celia Rodriguez" <celia-rodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 00:10:08 -0500

Thank you so very much..

God bless

From: programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jacques Bosch
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 1:59 AM
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Silver light and WPF

Found these step by step guides for SilverLight that might be helpful.

http://timheuer.com/blog/articles/getting-started-with-silverlight-developme
nt.aspx
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/silverlight/GettingStartedSilverlight.aspx
http://www.silverlightshow.net/items/Tip-of-the-Day-Getting-Started-With-Sil
verlight-2.aspx

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 8:34 AM, Celia Rodriguez
<celia-rodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

I am sure you all have much better things to do and are very busy.  I have
only one request.
I am to start a summer class in July and I have a little problem.  The last
C# classI took touch very little on WPF and I didn't even have to work on
that program because my teacher thought I could not do it.
Well my next teacher does expect me to know something about silver light and
WPf.  I want to do this.
Can someone if , you have the time point me in the right direction.  I want
to be able to wright a program as simple as enter your name and WRITE IT TO
A DATA BASE OR FILE.            Unfortunally I know nothing about this.  I
do't even knowwhere to begin.  I know I am asking for too much.  I have read
about silver light and WPf, but I still don't know where to begin.
If anyone has a little spare time can you help.
I really would not like to , be honest, sound stupid at the beginning of the
class.
Especially when I found that my teachers treat me different because I can't
see.
I want to be able to pull my weight in this class.  So I have one month to
learn all about silver light and
WPF.

In advance thank you all that can help .
Celia

PS.

I really would like to create my own little system  before I start class.  I
know I am asking for too much.  But I aim high.

Currently I have VS10.

Jacques Bosch

Software Architecture and Development
Independent Contractor
Cell: +27 824711807 Fax: +27 86 504 4726
E-Mail: jfbosch@xxxxxxxxx