Re: Silver light and WPF

  • From: Jacques Bosch <jfbosch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 08:59:14 +0200

Found these step by step guides for SilverLight that might be helpful.

http://timheuer.com/blog/articles/getting-started-with-silverlight-development.aspx
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/silverlight/GettingStartedSilverlight.aspx
http://www.silverlightshow.net/items/Tip-of-the-Day-Getting-Started-With-Silverlight-2.aspx

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 8:34 AM, Celia Rodriguez <
celia-rodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am sure you all have much better things to do and are very busy.  I have
> only one request.
> I am to start a summer class in July and I have a little problem.  The last
> C# classI took touch very little on WPF and I didn't even have to work on
> that program because my teacher thought I could not do it.
> Well my next teacher does expect me to know something about silver light
> and
> WPf.  I want to do this.
> Can someone if , you have the time point me in the right direction.  I want
> to be able to wright a program as simple as enter your name and WRITE IT TO
> A DATA BASE OR FILE.            Unfortunally I know nothing about this.  I
> do't even knowwhere to begin.  I know I am asking for too much.  I have
> read
> about silver light and WPf, but I still don't know where to begin.
> If anyone has a little spare time can you help.
> I really would not like to , be honest, sound stupid at the beginning of
> the
> class.
> Especially when I found that my teachers treat me different because I can't
> see.
> I want to be able to pull my weight in this class.  So I have one month to
> learn all about silver light and
> WPF.
>
> In advance thank you all that can help .
> Celia
>
> PS.
>
> I really would like to create my own little system  before I start class.
> know I am asking for too much.  But I aim high.
>
> Currently I have VS10.

Jacques Bosch

Software Architecture and Development
Independent Contractor
Cell: +27 824711807 Fax: +27 86 504 4726
E-Mail: jfbosch@xxxxxxxxx