Re: Separating .net from Visual Studio

have you gone to my grab bag site and gotten the relevant information and the scripts (if your using jaws) for the visual studios IDE?


there are also links to tutorials on the "Jamal's documentation page"

*Note: the VS 2005 scripts work with VS 2008, and the GB URL is under my name below)
if not that is the first thing you should do!

then you should go to:
http://NonvisualDevelopment.org

and peruse the documentation there for tutorials and hints on using the IDE.

take care,
inthane

proprietor, The Grab Bag,
for blind computer users and programmers
http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com
Owner: Alacorn Computer Enterprises
"own the might and majesty of a Alacorn!"
www.alacorncomputer.com
Owner: Agemtree
"merchants in fine facetted and cabochon gemstones"
www.agemtree.com
operator: Fruit Basket Demo Sight, where you can find a similar project done in several

programming languages, along with its source code, so you can decide what language is right

for you
http://fruitbasketdemo.alacorncomputer.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jared Wright" <wright.jaredm@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 6:43 AM
Subject: Separating .net from Visual Studio


Hi all, I was wondering what experiences any of you could share about using any of the .net framework languages outside of Visual Studio? It's obviously very powerful stuff and stuff I need to be comfortable with, but I really just am not finding that I like the VS experience. Apparently I can work with my text editor of choice unhindered with the .net SDK, but I wanted to know if there are any other practical hurdles I've overlooked. I don't know many folks that do their .net in something other than Visual Studio, and I imagine there's a good reason why. Apologies if it seems I"m cutting some corners here too, I do have a programming class this semester centered around .net, hence the inquiry itself, and I'm really trying to find an alternative for VS or at least figure out VS real quickly, because it's sure making this course irritating. Not a lot of fun when 30% seems to be software dev and the other 70% seems to be fighting with the IDE.Any thoughts welcome.

Best,
JW

__________
View the list's information and change your settings at http://www.freelists.org/list/programmingblind



__________
View the list's information and change your settings at http://www.freelists.org/list/programmingblind

Other related posts: