Sendmail behaving differently in Perl CGI Script

  • From: "Sina Bahram" <sbahram@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 02:34:05 -0400

Hi all,

I've got a perl script which sends an email upon a form being filled out;
however, the from address includes the hostname of the server, even though I
specify a from line in my socket to sendmail, only when I run the script in
CGI.

I have verified it is not my script because when I run the script by itself,
it works appropriately; however, when invoked via CGI, this additional
information is added on. How can I get rid of it?

As an example, if the from address is sbahram@xxxxxxxx, if I run the script
as a CGI script, then the from address in the delivered email shows up as
sbahram.edu@xxxxxxxxxx, which is ridiculous.

Any ideas?

Take care,
Sina