Re: Seeking possible tasks for Dueling Operating Systems at CSUN

  • From: Trouble <trouble1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 15:51:59 -0500

The task is in the subject. Each of the major ops gets a task and they see witch does it the best or fastest without problems or work arounds. We all know the power of those ops. So that is a give in, but jobs is where the screen readers can show there power. What he is looking for on the list is types of tasks to give them. hence the dual!

At 12:28 PM 3/6/2008, you wrote:
I don't get it Jamal. What is the actual goal of your presentation? Is it OS everyday use, work related accessibility, or operating system trivia? What is your target audience? Are you looking to entertain the geeks or the everyday users? This is very important as you don't want your audience falling asleep on you. Its a little clear that you want to demonstrate the capabilities of each of these operating systems, but in what capacity? Are you presenting the processing time of each of these operating systems? Are you wanting to talk about the type of programming environments each OS runs?--hope not as you will bore all but the most hardcore geek.

Matthew
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jamal Mazrui" <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 07:27:24 -0500
From: Chris Hofstader <chris.hofstader@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I disagree - no-cost AT is only used by a tiny portion of the overall
population of users and doesn't even come close to providing the feature
sets of a JAWS or Window-Eyes yet.  SATOGO, a commercial no-cost reader is
an interesting exception but, in terms of breadth of applications supported
and total features doesn't quite reach JAWS or WE at this point in history.

This is apples, oranges and even hot dogs being compared but that's also the
state of the software available to blinks.

cdh