Seeking collaborators for a fruitbasket in Adobe Flex

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, blindwebbers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2011 09:37:11 -0400

I've been studying the Adobe Flex framework, which uses Flash Player as a runtime engine for ActionScript code (like JavaScript). I would like to create a fruit basket program with free tools, rather than commercial IDEs like Adobe Flash Builder. There is a command-line compiler, but few examples of how to develop an app without an IDE. I may eventually figure it out, as I have done much reading, but if anyone has knowledge of this and would like to work together in building such a fruit basket , let me know.

At the CSUN conference, I learned that Flex 4 implements the IAccessible2 API. Essentially the same code can run either in a browser via the Flash Player plug-in, or as a desktop app via the Adobe AIR runtime

I have collected text tutorials on Adobe Flex at
http://EmpowermentZone.com/flex_doc.zip