Re: Searching for blind programmer to start a school for blind programmers

  • From: "Bryan Garaventa" <bgaraventa11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 09:07:01 -0700

I believe the answer to 'why are there fewer when there is more access to knowledge' has to do with an irony actually. In general things are much more accessible than they used to be, and there are many more accessible distractions available to everyone. Necessity drives innovation after all, so if there is less necessity for the general population, less people will be compelled to test the bounds of innovation.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Cox" <waywardgeek@xxxxxxxxx>