RE: Searching for blind programmer to start a school for blind programmers

  • From: Rick Watson <rwatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 08:54:00 -0700

Good morning,
I wanted to chime in on this one...
I think we're facing the dilema of gui interfaces. Let me explain. Yes we can
develop gui. Here's the issue. Kids today who program can create something much
faster using the vs environments (for example) than a visually impaired
programmer.
And it's the wow factor. Look at what I did in five minutes. It's much more of
a challenge for us to struggle fighting the tools.
rick

software developer
Paul Ecke Ranch
mailto:rwatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx