Re: Searching for blind programmer to start a school for blind programmers

>Assember?  Really?  You must be almost as old
>as me!  I can't even find people who care about speed or memory usage
>anymore.
I love assembler. It's a great way to teach people what's going on under the hood and make them think about what they do. Every time I see someone reserve a 100k buffer just because, I cringe. :)
On 4/8/2011 8:58 AM, Bill Cox wrote:
On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 7:44 AM, Ken Perry<whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
  so some that I think would be of use.

1) Programming with GCC and g++ under linux
2) .net programming using visual studio both express and Pro.
3) Robotic programming
4) circuit design and programming.
4) assembler on multiple platforms.
I'll add Java programming in Eclipse.  Both Sina and Isaac seem quite
successful with this route.  I'll also add Bash shell programming.
Maybe even emacspeak.  Assember?  Really?  You must be almost as old
as me!  I can't even find people who care about speed or memory usage
anymore.

this could be carried out at a location like a programming club we have
several here in Louisville..  It could also be carried out on .line with
skype which would add complexity but less cost.
I think we're so spread out, that getting groups of blind programmers
together regularly would be pretty hard.  Skype and similar
technologies are the way to go, IMO.

It is something also that
we could get colleges to sponsor or god forbid with the way our government
is now we could even get government grants to run these kind of things.
Every time the government, with good intentions, gets involved in one
of my projects, it goes badly.  They dangle free money in front of
you, but it comes with crazy strings attached.  I think the rule for
taking money is that it cannot come with strings.

Bill

Ty