Re: Searching for blind programmer to start a school for blind programmers

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 18:23:53 -0700

Well, here's perhaps another aspect of this to consider. Instead of a
"school", per se, maybe it'd be better simply to have folks host
training sessions in a tool w/which they're familiar in order to help
blind programmer wanna-be's (like me, for example) get up & runnin so
they can help open source projects dedicated to the blind community
such as NVDA, Orca, or Vinux, just to name a few. &, u know, it's not
that folks like us can't--it's just that w/lots of stuff on our
plates, sometimes it requires a scheduling commitment like that to get
the ball rolling.

I'll just talk about my situation as a start. I'd like nothing better
than to learn about OSM's & such, but the info out there seems pretty
minimal, or at least I haven't been able to find any. I have looked,
maybe just not in the right places. And folks I thought might know
just kind a said, "I dunno of any resources to suggest."

Just my 2 cents, & probly worth exactly what every1 paid for it.

On 4/7/11, Ken Perry <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Um radio on acb can be interactive a long time back someone invented this
> thing called phones. Grin.
>
> Ken

Blame the computer--why not? It can't defend itself & occasionally
might even be the culprit
Jackie McBride
Jaws Scripting training materials:
www.screenreaderscripting.com