Re: Searching for blind programmer to start a school for blind programmers

  • From: "BRENT NEAL" <bneal@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 09:21:37 -0600

Hi Bill,
If you do not mind personal questions what kind of work do you do and how did
you become successful at it?  I thin we can learn from others who have been
successful in a career as a blind person.

Brent Neal
140 E 300 S
Salt Lake City, UT 84111

Programmer
Phone:  801.526.9797
Email:  bneal@xxxxxxxx

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 6:29 AM, Ken Perry <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Awe come on I don't kick people when they are down or anything and I don't
> even bark good.
>
> ken

And, now and then, you can actually be quite helpful.  You know, in
dealing with people with significant disabilities, you need to be
prepared for people with attitudes.  What amazes me is how many fully
blind people, who get screwed in so many ways, are kind, considerate,
and basically find a way not to seem like the angry SOBs they have a
right to be.

Bill