Re: Searching for blind programmer to start a school for blind programmers

  • From: Dave <davidct1209@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 07:14:59 -0700

It's fair to say that computer science as a discipline has grown so
deeply in many areas that I don't think any one person can understand
both the bredth and the depth of every sub-concentration of the
discipline.

There are things about computer graphics (i.e. derivations of
differential equations in simulating 3-d smoke) that people on list
won't ever know or care about, but it's still important to someone :).

Knowing how to write hello world in x86 asm or even then how that asm
gets translated into bits is interesting and writing it by hand makes
it "real", but I don't think Ken's saying you're gonna go out and
write a word processor using the same techniques; perhaps only
critical components or even just to optimize.

These black and white arguments always seem so counter productive :).