Re: Scripting to hide text field

  • From: "Bryan Garaventa" <bgaraventa11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 11:24:59 -0800

This is from the page at http://gutterstar.net/cgi-bin/forum/index.php?showtopic=339

This JavaScript function will toggle the hiding or showing of any element or section based on the ID passed to the function.

CODE

<script type="text/javascript">
function toggleHide(eID) {
var e = document.getElementById(eID);
if (e.style.display == 'block') {
e.style.display = 'none';
e.style.visibility = 'hidden';
} else {
e.style.display = 'block';
e.style.visibility = 'visible';
}
}
</script>

To use it, you simply put the following attribute in your element.

onchange="toggleHide('IDOfElementToToggle')"

So, when the element with the attribute above changes, it will hide or show the element with the attribute of

id="IDOfElementToToggle"

Hope this helps,

Bryan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marlon Brandão de Sousa" <splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx>