Screen Reader in VB6

  • From: "John Greer" <jpgreer17@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 15:41:35 -0600

Here is a little modified project that I had found the original source to on
the net sometime back.  I can no longer find the page I got the original source
from though.  What it is is the basics of a Narrator like screen reader written
in VB6.  I have mostly been using it as a testing tool for various projects but
it does have the potential to become much more.  I have uploaded it to my
website if anyone would care to download it and try their hand at it.
Be aware that is of course not bug free, but I do remember at one point I had
it reading messages in Windows Messenger to give an example of what is possible.
www.blindcrawler.com/Programs/MSAAScreenReaderVB6.zip
Enjoy and have fun.