RE: Scanner/Stuff...

  • From: "Chris Hofstader" <chris.hofstader@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 09:12:58 -0400

Hi,

At newegg.com, we found a really killer Xerox scanner for the same price as
the Canon so we canceled the order for the first one and bought the second.
The newegg.com people are really good with returns so if we hate the Xerox
one, we can send it back.  The Drupal book will be the first test case.

Susan has agreed to go through the scanned book and add textual
augmentations for graphics and such.  Although an attorney and not a hacker
at all, Sue is quite technical and very good at text descriptions when she
reads things to me.

Does anyone here have ideas into how to demark textual annotations so the
reader will know that the text in a section does not exist in the printed
book but, rather is a description added by a volunteer who may misinterpret
the graphic or make some other mistake in the language selected for
description?

ho ho,
cdh