Sapi question.

  • From: Dónal Fitzpatrick <dfitzpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 14:29:50 -0000

Hi all,

I have a possibly dumb question about the SAPI 5.1 API.  Do the getRate and
getVolume methods actually work?  I keep getting a weird error when I try to
use them.  In other words, I have created a very very simple console
application which initialises com, speaks a string, and queries the various
get methods.  (this is all nice and straightforward... yu'd think).
However, the getRate method returns some weird ePointer.

If anyone has any ideas i would be _extremely_ grateful, as I'm tearing my
hair out. :-)

Dr. Dónal Fitzpatrick
School of Computing, Dublin City University, Glasnevin Dublin 9, Ireland
Tel.: +353 (0)1 7008929
Fax.: +353 (0)1 700 5442

R.I.P. The Busby Babes, you will never ever be forgotten