RE: SSIP for Windows -- beta almost ready for release

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 14:13:06 -0500 (EST)

There are benefits to eliminating dependency on screen reader-specific
APIs in the server program, but wouldn't the cost be that a different
voice, e.g., SAPI, would be used for enhanced speech messages, as
opposed to the voice of the active screen reader?  In my experience, the
different voice can be a bit jarring to folks when they are used to
hearing their own screen reader for everything.

Jamal