re: SBK V2.0 with Three letter braille contractions and many improvemnets

  • From: koko koko <camel200525@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 18:17:57 -0800 (PST)

My greeting Alex,

I think there are many keyboards with rollover, some of them may  be very cheap
as they are not True n-rollover keyboards but still can handle the six and even
eight keys of braille very well.  my keyboard was really cheap and is made in
china. its brand is called "extreme". i do not know if you would find it in
your country or not.

In any case here is some websites to help you, the first is a website to
download a testing program and the second website contains a list of high-end
keyboards that do have n-rollover feature:

http://www.braille2000.com/brl2000/KeyboardReq.htm

http://www.braille-pokadot.com/keyboard.html

Also did you tried other six-key combinations, in another row, as my laptop has
exactly the same problem and was only able to handle four keys of SDF JKL but
when i tried pressing YTR UIO it handled all the six keys well. i know the
position of this keys will not be as comfortable as the original keys but they
provide a fast solution.

About the price of the program, it is $40 for one copy and $66 for two copies.
there is a full information about the price on the Program's website:

http://www.oss-globe.com/sbk

hope i have give you all the info you wanted.

hope you the best.

Alex Parks <mehgcap@xxxxxxx> wrote: I could only get 5 keys to work at a time,
but something odd
happened.  I could get all letters and symbols to come out
correctly, even an "er" sign, but I cannot get a p to come out.
It keeps turning into an s.  Now, suddenly, these keys are not
working again and often only 2 will work at a time.  How easy is
it to find a keyboard with the rollover this program needs, and
how much will it cost? Again, how much is the actual program?
Thanks.

Have a great day,
Alex

many improvemnets

>Hi Alex,

>In order to know if the keyboard can handle 6 keys at the same
time, simply open Windows Notepad or Word and press the six keys
at the same time, try this more than once and see if all the sex
letters appear in each time or not.

>As for the problem of the keyboard, my desktop keyboard worked
perfectly, while my laptop keyboard had the same problem as
yours.
>i get over the problem, by using the option in the program called
"Define SBK keys".  you can get to it from the settings button.
this option allows you to defin any other six keys for braille
writing.  you will first try to find other six keys that can work
simultaneously.  to do so open notepad again and try pressing any
six keys in the first row, then in the second and the third row
untill you see that all six keys were displayed.

>for my laptop the working keys were (YTR UIO), you may consider
trying them.

>hope this would help.

>Alex Parks  wrote: I tried this but I keep
getting strange things happening.  I
>tried the word "am" but got "a more" instead, for example.
>Normally what I type will not be translated correctly at all and
>odd things will happen.  I think a big part of the problem is
>that my keyboard will not work with that many keys at once.
>Where can I get a keyboard that can do this, or better yet how
>can I tell if one will before I buy it? How much does this
>program cost to register (I live in the U.S.).  Thanks.  If I can
>get this working it looks like an amazing program.

>Have a great day,
>Alex

homepage.