RE: Ruby on Rails web hosting

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 21:15:56 -0500 (EST)

Thanks, folks, for the various suggestions, which I'm still checking out.
A few points to share along the way are as follows.

A wiki listing Ruby on Rails providers is at
http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/RailsWebHosts
It is advertizing information posted by each hosting service, but a start
for comparing companies who are trying to distinguish themselves with
this service among others.

The original author of Ruby on Rails refers to
http://joyent.com
as the "official" hosting service.  The site
http://TextDrive.com
goes to the same company.

http://BlueHost.com seems to go to the same site as
http://HostMonster.com
even though different company names are used.  I wonder if one company
bought the other at some point.