Re: Questions About Making Or Controlling Sounds

  • From: "inthaneelf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 12:55:43 -0700

hey Jim, there is, or is, a Microsoft media control in VB, and I think its available in C#, but for all you wish to do I think direct x is the way you want to go, and MS has a nice sdk with examples and all that you should need ready to download.

I'm sure that there are many others you can use, but DX seems to satisfy all who have needed it to my knowledge.

and to modify and or generate sound yes you will need something, gold wave should be able to satisfy your needs, though I would go with either .wav or .ogg files instead of midi's, they sound so flatly artificial

HTH,
inthane
. For Blind Programming assistance, Information, Useful Programs, and Links to Jamal Mazrui's Text tutorial packages and Applications, visit me at:
http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com
. to be able to view a simple programming project in several programming languages, visit the Fruit basket demo site at:

----- Original Message ----- From: <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>