Re: Quest for the Perfect Text Editor

  • From: "Don Marang" <donald.marang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 14:24:37 -0500

I do Vinux documentation in a similar manner. For instance, I write all of the tips in markdown, which is very readable plain text and convert it to html and just paste it into the Vinux Wicky. I had been using pandoc in Vinux on files in a shared folder. I will have to try using pandoc in Ed Sharp, since it has been made very simple. I use Ed Sharp a lot in these cross platform situation, since it can handle the line ending differences. Ed Sharp is a great editor with countless features. I am sure it has a long history. I am amazed at how proficient Jamal is in providing Open Source tools and user scripts! I do not understand how he can be so responsive on bugs and suggestions for all of his work as well as continue to crank out new offerings. Perhaps if he had more time or help, he would rewrite certain old code to be structured to today's recommendations. However, the payback probably does not warrant such an effort.

Don Marang

There is just so much stuff in the world that, to me, is devoid of any real substance, value, and content that I just try to make sure that I am working on things that matter.
Dean Kamen