To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2007 11:28 AM
Subject: Re: Python experiences was Re: Fruit basket program in Boo, Other Script Langs

Hi Richard,
What does this mean in english?

Thanks.

james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810

"It's more important for me to start to do the right thing than it is to
wait until I think I
can do it just right."

            "rrdinger"
            <rrdinger@olypen.
            Sent by:                  programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
            programmingblind-                                          cc
            bounce@freelists.
            org                                                   Subject
                                      Re: Python experiences was Re:
                                      Fruit basket program in Boo, Other
            10/22/2007 01:10          Script Langs
            PM

            Please respond to
            programmingblind@
              freelists.org

One more thing in the advantage column:

Python, like many other languages, supports assertions.  I am a strong
advocate of the "Programming as contract" concept as introduced by Bertrand

Meyer in the late 1980's in the Eiffel language.  Python supports that
notion, which can help ensure program correctness.

Richard