To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 4:03 AM
Subject: Re: Python display error was: Seeking feedback from speech users of Python

Hi Richard,
JAWS 9 fixes this issue.

james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810

"Never doubt that a thoughtful group of committed citizens can change the
world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." -- Margaret Mead

            "rrdinger"
            <rrdinger@olypen.
            Sent by:                  programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
            programmingblind-                                          cc
            bounce@freelists.
            org                                                   Subject
                                      Python display error was: Seeking
                                      feedback from speech users of
            12/17/2007 04:27          Python
            PM

            Please respond to
            programmingblind@
              freelists.org

Hi Jamal,

Here is a sample that does not display correctly. I am using IE 7 jaws 7.2

and I copied and pasted the example code into MS Notepad where it displayes

the same as in IE.

This is from the page:
http://diveintopython.org/getting_to_know_python/index.html#odbchelper.divein

Go to:
Heading labeled 2.1

There you will find some sample code beginning with"def".  On the fifth
line
is a return statement, which is not indented.  see my comment at end of
sample code.

sample code------
def buildConnectionString(params):
"""Build a connection string from a dictionary of parameters.
   Returns string."""
return ";".join(["%s=%s" % (k, v) for k, v in params.items()])
if __name__ == "__main__":
   myParams = {"server":"mpilgrim", \
"database":"master", \
"uid":"sa", \
"pwd":"secret" \
               }
print buildConnectionString(myParams)
---- end sample code
if you look at the view->source for the html you will see four spaces
leading that line, but jaws ignores it--maybe because the tag comes after
the four spaces?

Regards,

Richard