Python display error was: Seeking feedback from speech users of Python

  • From: "rrdinger" <rrdinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 13:27:26 -0800

Hi Jamal,

Here is a sample that does not display correctly. I am using IE 7 jaws 7.2 and I copied and pasted the example code into MS Notepad where it displayes the same as in IE.

This is from the page:

Go to:
Heading labeled 2.1

There you will find some sample code beginning with"def". On the fifth line is a return statement, which is not indented. see my comment at end of sample code.

sample code------
def buildConnectionString(params):
"""Build a connection string from a dictionary of parameters.
   Returns string."""
return ";".join(["%s=%s" % (k, v) for k, v in params.items()])
if __name__ == "__main__":
   myParams = {"server":"mpilgrim", \
"database":"master", \
"uid":"sa", \
"pwd":"secret" \
print buildConnectionString(myParams)
---- end sample code
if you look at the view->source for the html you will see four spaces leading that line, but jaws ignores it--maybe because the tag comes after the four spaces?