Re: Python and Mac Speech with Voiceover

Storm,

Thanks, I'll check that out. If NVDA really does just use Sapi, then our
code will automatically work with it out of the box. We'll download it and
try it sometime.

As for the Say command, you can just type "Say <words" from the terminal.
From Java, here's the latest version from the trunk of our repository:

https://sodbeans.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/sodbeans/trunk/sappy/Text%20to%20Speech/src/org/sodbeans/tts/impl/apple/AppleSpeak.java

This implementation works pretty well for most things we want it to. For the
full source code of what we're doing, you can do a search for Sodbeans on
sourceforge.net. Or, if you want to see the C++ dlls, you can search for
Sappy on Sourceforge.

Stefik