Re: Python: A Program I'd Love To Understand

  • From: "R Dinger" <rrdinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 12:45:41 -0700

Hi Jim,

Is this a new thread?  Did you put quotes around one of your target values?  If
so, then that value is no longer callable in the current program (the runner
function), look at your stack trace for hints as to where it is blowing up.

If you are just tinkering around in the interpreter with a dictionary, I'm not
clear on what is going on.

Using the interpreter is a great resource.  Be sure to use help(item) to get
details on calling and so on.  Note you can get help on data structure
functions like the dict 'keys' function by entering:
>>> help({}.keys)

Richard